Friday, October 14, 2011

The Day of a Student Athlete

For a school assignment, I was asked to take pictures of elements that are recognizable to the student athletes that may not be recognizable to people that are usually no associated with our campus.  My first picture is of the Quarry.  The thing about the quarry is, it has been said that there is a whole town underneath that water.  People cannot swim in the quarry because the rapids are too strong.  People have said that if you throw anything into it that the object immediately disappears.  But sometimes I can walk by the quarry and see duck swimming in it.  So it makes me wonder if those stories are true or not.  But I will never find out because there is no way I’m jumping into that quarry!
Limestone's Quarry Photographed By: Sherisa Strother

Lunch Photographed By: Sherisa Strother
You always can hear student complaining about the food in the cafe.  This is an image of a “Vegan Lunch’’ we had for dinner the other day.  This is significant to the student athlete because every day we go into the cafe dreading what is going to be served.  However we manage to suck it up and eat because at the end of the day we all are college students and the only other thing we have in common besides being student athletes is that we’re broke!

1 comment:

  1. From one college athlete to another, I completely concur. We are here for the same reasons and that is to take what little passion we have left and apply it with some motivation and drive. About the quarry however. There is no undertow, yet you wouldn't want to swim in it considering its murky waters. Prob the worst water I have ever jumped into...ha

    ReplyDelete